New SWCG pool start up

1eberk

Mar 15, 2015
Keller,X
Hi, My pool had the stonescapes applied on Wednesday and power washed and started fill on Thanksgiving day ( I know who works Thanksgiving ). It finished on Friday and has been sitting all weekend. PB will be here today to start it up. I have the TFK-100 test kit and checked my CH is really low / 100 and Ph is above 8.2 Should I be worried the pool has been sitting all weekend and my parameters are way off? Also he says they will start adding salt after 3 days but everything I read says to wait 30days and just chlorinate manually. He says they have done this for all their pools and not to worry. I don't see the harm in manual chlorine since its so cold no one will be swimming anyway. He seems intent on adding the salt to get the chemicals in balance. Is there an issue with adding salt early in start-up? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Generally you want to wait 30 days after starting up with chlorine and establishing CYA.

The support for that statement is here: When Should Salt be Added?

Your decision. But remember the PB is providing the warranty. But I would show him the discussion. Its not some guy just blabbing on a pool website.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the weekend. Your pool ph will be rising for the next year as the plaster cures and you will be adding MA on a regular basis to keep it down.

Generally you want to wait 30 days after starting up with chlorine and establishing CYA.

The support for that statement is here: When Should Salt be Added?

Your decision. But remember the PB is providing the warranty. But I would show him the discussion. Its not some guy just blabbing on a pool website.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the weekend. Your pool ph will be rising for the next year as the plaster cures and you will be adding MA on a regular basis to keep it down.

Thank You for the reply and link I will check it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.