Desperatly seeking Soothing

Wonderful news about finding how to filter both at the same time!

Kim
I'm still working out the kinks with that. Everything was fine for two days until Barry got stuck on the drain in the pool. Here's my hypothesis on what happened- Barry being hooked to the suction via the skimmer got stuck on the suction of the main drain which lowered the flow coming to the pump from the pool which allowed the spa suction to increase causing the spa to drain faster than it was filling.

Last edited:
I bet you are correct. Berry what were you thinking??? I do know I have to close my main drain when Wanda is working. She works much better if she is the only one getting all of the attention!

You will figure out what works best for you and Berry with time. I would take notes of what you do so you can redo it or NOT do it again!

Kim

Once you get your TF100, post a full set of test results so we can look at them and see if this *brown* stuff is actually alive or not. Glad Ike chimed in to. I thought of him as soon as I saw you had an indoor pool.

While you're waiting on everything, read the ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry. By the time you get your kit, you'll understand why you'll be testing each parameter and how its going to keep your monkeys happy, happy, happy without red, burning eyes and such.

We want you to enjoy this investment and the pool for years to come. Remember the pics of water quality right now and keep them handy to look back on because you are about to polish a diamond that hasn't seen it in awhile. The key to getting it optimal is educating yourself n its nice to see you're on your way. Just post updated pics once you get a complete handle on it n you'll be amazed! :mrgreen:

Welcome!

Yes, those are the Monkeys, and yes it is an indoor pool. Tanks for the reading material. (LOL) I will get into reading them tonight. So I guess the way my filter/pump setup is, is set up to only filter the pool or the spa? Not both? Why is there always a brownish sand looking stuff at the bottom of the pool? Barry(Barracuda) sucks it up, but it is there the next day...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I was waiting for someone to see that.
Can you pick up some of the brownish sand looking stuff and determine if it is actually sand. If it is sand, then either the filter has problems with the laterals or the sand is too small for the filter and it is passing through the laterals.

If you can not pick up the stuff off the bottom of the pool then there is a chemical problem that needs to be addressed which the new test kit will help you determine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.