Mastertemp 400 wont auto start w intellitouch

May 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hello,

My Mastertemp 400 will no longer auto start with intellitouch spa setting.
It use to be automated start when SPA switch is turned on with remote now it wont

Now I can only get it to manual start and stop after I use the fireman switch jumper - disconnected the fireman switch with intellitouch.

Mastertemp 400
display at startup 128 r=9

"heater off" 30sec setting is AD0 and SP1

When I connect the fireman switch wire the heater will not work. it just display 128 r=9 then display goes off.

Would like to get the heater to go on auto again. Please help. Thanks.

hey wow. after year and a half. I finally have to get on the equipments to troubleshoot. Manual start no long worked either. I got a E05 massage and the heater just stops. I did do some research and got all the sensor just in case. I popped the top cover off and looked at the LED's went the E05 error pops up. It coded to the SFS. Stack fluke sensor.. Changed it. Heater manually fires again.

I want to get the auto start working again on the heater. I checked all the wires to the Easytouch. No breaks. However the Water Temp sensor was all out of wack. it displays either 188 or Err. I changed it and re calibrate it on the panel. Now it works. EasyTouch control panel now fires the heater.. I guess the easy touch will never fire the heater at err or 188 degree temperature. WooHoo. Just cost me $50 worth of sensors. They need to make metal type sensors. This is the second time i change the water temp sensor and it literally fell apart when I pull the old one out.

So in a nut shell
Mastertemp E05 error - Stack Flute Sensor fixed it
Easy touch no longer auto start the heater - Water Temp sensor fixed it.

Now I found out one of the microswitch in my Valve Actuator is failing. more stuff to fix...

Cheers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.