Aquapure 1400 What causes Salt cell to build up calcium

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
I just cleaned my salt sell, acid bathed it for 30 minutes, it was gunked up with white stuff which I guess is calcium. What causes that and what can I do to prevent it or is there nothing I can do to prevent it?

Please provide your latest water test results (including CH and salt) and we can try to advise.

I have nearly 800ppm CH and my cell never has scale in it. There are ways to balance your water to prevent scale but we can only advise you based on current and accurate test results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Does the scaling do any harm? Its honestly easier to pull the thing out every once in a while and drop it in an acid bath then it is to deal with the PH. The PH is naturally high here. Always around 8, I haven't dealt with the PH in years as it was just jug after jug of acid and I really don't like dealing with that stuff.

The continuous acid baths slowly eat away at the salt cell plates and ultimately, you have to replace the cell sooner than you probably would need to otherwise.

If your pH continually rises, then most likely the TA is too high. Lowering the TA may well control the pH rise.
Also, high CH and high pH could easily lead to calcium scaling on your pool surface.

I have not had to add any muriatic acid to my pool in 2 years.

The continuous acid baths slowly eat away at the salt cell plates and ultimately, you have to replace the cell sooner than you probably would need to otherwise.

If your pH continually rises, then most likely the TA is too high. Lowering the TA may well control the pH rise.
Also, high CH and high pH could easily lead to calcium scaling on your pool surface.

I have not had to add any muriatic acid to my pool in 2 years.

This is the first time I've done it, and I don't plan on doing it all that often. I'd love to control the PH, but I don't really think thats possible here. I tested the PH of the water out of the tap and its 8.0 or so. I could certainly try dropping the TA though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.