Sand filter question

Jan 21, 2014
Bartlesville, OK
I am assuming this will be too small, but thought I'd ask anyways. I just got an Intex 26 foot ultra frame pool. The guy I bought it from had a new 12 inch 1/2 hp sand filter he bought for the pool. He said he was going to hard plumb it next spring, but had to suddenly move. Will this be big enough for the pool, or am I just waisting my time hooking it up? It also has the Intex pump that came with the pool.
Thanks in advance
Mike

Useless is not the right word but "normally inadequate" is a good choice so I guess that makes it sorta' useless.

Others may not agree but year after year on the forum we see nothing but problems using inadequate intex pumps.

If you're wanting to put the original on the 26' pool, I'd use the sand filter you got because it is bigger n may be better than what you're using now.

Hi! I see you're in Oklahoma. Now that it's really started to get chilly in our area, you might check out craigslist. I know the Dallas/Ft. Worth craigslist is FULL of people who are basically giving away their pool equipment. You could probably get a really good 18 or 20 inch filter for dirt cheap. As for the pump, it's not always a bigger is better situation. I have a HUGE pool and I really think I could probably get by with a smaller pump. The only good thing about it is that it has two speeds so I keep it on low all the time. I know it's been a while since you posted your question, but I hope this helps and I hope you get to enjoy your pool!
Let us know what how you decide to go please.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks. My wife won't let me buy anything new at this point. Part of me being able to buy a
The bigger pool was telling her it came with a sand filter. Earlier I told her I needed to buy a sand filter for the 18ft pool, so this was my in to getting it. Oh well.
Thanks again. And I have checked the Tulsa CL and so far nothing worth buying.
Mike

Check Craig's List around early Spring. That's when people decide they want to dump their pool stuff. You can usually walk away getting huge deals because people are so over it.

You will be amazed at some of the steals deals you can find.

A few years ago, I got a brand new DE filter n pump and an old DE filter (parts) 2 telescopic poles and a few other things for $200.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.