All tile pool?

tikki

Apr 21, 2009
Anyone done it? (been to the tile forum already) Looking for those who have experienced this and lived with an all-tile pool. Comments regarding pros, cons, tips and tricks!

TIA,
Tikki :)

I don't have one, but I vacationed once for 2 weeks in Mexico and the hotel pool was all tile. I was in the pool daily. It had very small tiles, I found it slippery but eventually got used to it. At times I would also find a tile that was not set flat and a corner would be raised, the end result was usually a cut foot. After two weeks the tile didn't bother me and I knew what areas to avoid cut feet. I guess it's all personal preference. No idea what chalenges if any there are with chemistry.

I just got my pool tiled in Jan this year. Previous plaster had failed prior to my purchasing the home. Problem where I live in Hawaii is getting a reasonable deal on replastering. I decided to go all tile with stone on the stairs. You definately want to go with some professionals and I have no complaints at all. No sharp edges, very nice looking and even nicer to walk on. Not slippery at all. It is the more expensive option, but theoretically the tile will last many decades.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.