owner build - suspended pool infinity edge

I think the effort for all this steel work was really underestimated. Days upon days of tying steel beams and matting..still not even done.but in a couple days there'll be 55 cubic meters poured on.

upload_-1.jpg

The fourth wall of the pool wall is now being encased with formwork. Here are the 'bond beams' if you can call it that...plus skimmer roughed in..

upload_-1.jpg

Stay tuned.

I bet those workers has some sore hands after all of that steel work!

Getting close to done every day. Everything takes longer and costs more I have found. It will get done one day and we will all cheer with you!

Kim

This pool is going to be stunning! I can't wait to see more!

update on what happens during back breaking work...

here the second to last beam is being 'interwoven' onto the slab. The steel quantity is 6 tonnes.

upload_-1.jpg

here is the last beam going onto the edge wall of the pool. The beam is 12" wide. The wall below is 6" wide. The edge angle will be formed later.

upload_-1.jpg

the quantity of propping to make sure that the concrete pour doesn't collapse the formwork is pretty impressive. those jacks are heavy.
upload_-1.jpg

Drilling some holes to pass through drain and autofill lines for the trough. it's a cake walk out there for them...not me!

upload_-1.jpg

the rain was intermittent today...can really break your stride...but it's good to welcome back the sun..

upload_-1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OMG! He is in flip flops again! Lordy, Lordy! Pic #4. Nightmares for me again tonight. I guarantee it!

- - - Updated - - -

And getting the concrete down that slope? Yikes! Don't let the flip-flop guy without a harness hold the hose/spigot/thingy!!!!

Yeah they can't wait for that concrete to set....a well deserved long weekend rest after that.

Thankfully, no falls...hope it stays that way.

Not only does the framework hold up the pool it also holds backpack and jackets! LOL

I bet they were cussing your build doing that back breaking work!

Has anyone fallen that you know of?

Kim

The view is fabulous but your build is giving me heart failure!!! (J/k) All that steel is really impressive!
Do you have many gawkers around the site, people just curious and watching the build and marveling at the wonder of it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.