owner build - suspended pool infinity edge

photo update:

You can get a sense of the baja shelf based on the framing. I've read some people love theirs, some people could do without it. If I can squeeze two of those sleek loungers on that pad facing the ocean I think I'll be happy. The water level target is 10".

upload_-1.jpg

The triangular room beneath the shelf will be the equipment room. Would have been ideal if it could have been higher to the pool floor in terms of hydraulics but...stairs or any type of elevation would eat up precious space.

upload_-1.jpg

You get a sense of how high the ceilings on the floor under the pool were placed so that they could still be useable. 4m from under slab to top slab. (master bdr)

upload_-1.jpg

This shot shows the edge side of the pool to the grade. just over 12m.

upload_-1.jpg

I don't think I picked this up when I originally went through your thread, but are you building the house and the pool at the same time, or is the pool an addition to an existing home? It all looks amazing!

Hi Jamie, yes you're right....it's as though I am building the pool as 'another room'. 6 months ago, this slope was just grass.

I don't think I picked this up when I originally went through your thread, but are you building the house and the pool at the same time, or is the pool an addition to an existing home? It all looks amazing!

Here's the skimmer bond plate instlled and ready to hookup to the bond wire at the back of the wall. A cavity will be made for it for concrete to be poured around in normal fashion.

20151207_153258.jpg

20151207_153301.jpg

20151209_133000.jpg

I've realised this cavity behind the pool wall will do well with a catwalk and an access panel in the ceiling so I can easily access pipes/fittings for inspection.... the benefits of an 'above ground' pool!

20151209_132004.jpg

Here they're setting up a 63" patio cantilever.

20151209_144737.jpg

p.s. Site safety is no laughing matter. That said, I believe just wearing the harness attached to yourself is NOT what they meant. ;-)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can't believe these guys are so cavalier about safety.

This pool though.... wow.

I can't believe these guys are so cavalier about safety.

This pool though.... wow.

That's because there no such thing as OSHA in Trinidad ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

That's because there no such thing as OSHA in Trinidad ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I'm not arguing that point... but death is real in everyone's neck of the woods... Ya know?!!!

WOW!!! This is looking amazing....and scary....and my heart started racing just seeing the edge. I could not do it.... But I am sure this is going to be outstandingly beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.