Impulse Technology… sends 3000 to 5000 low
voltage (positive and negative), high frequency
impulses per second, between an anode and a
cathode, to physically change the form of the
calcium. At the molecular level, these impulses apply
energy to the calcium molecules to release hydrogen
from the calcium bicarbonate in your swimming pool
water. This action changes the calcium bicarbonate
to the aragonite form of the carbonate molecule.
This aragonite form of calcium is a soluble, non-
adherent form of calcium which does not adhere to
surfaces in a scaling manner. The aragonite crystals
are also a natural pH balancer.

That is total nonsense. There isn't anything in what they claim they are doing that could possibly work.

Their directions also say that it prevents calcium scaling when used in combination with proper water balance. That claim is true, in the sense that proper water balance will prevent calcium scaling, with or without their device.

spishex said:
Just a quick summary of the claim for the chemistry folks:

Impulse Technology… sends 3000 to 5000 low
voltage (positive and negative), high frequency
impulses per second, between an anode and a
cathode, to physically change the form of the
calcium. At the molecular level, these impulses apply
energy to the calcium molecules to release hydrogen
from the calcium bicarbonate in your swimming pool
water. This action changes the calcium bicarbonate
to the aragonite form of the carbonate molecule
This aragonite form of calcium is a soluble, non-
adherent form of calcium which does not adhere to
surfaces in a scaling manner. The aragonite crystals
are also a natural pH balancer.
Pure snake oil. Calcium bicarbonate does NOT exist except as calcium ions and bicarbonate ions in the water, along with all the other ionic species! This is pure junk science.

Aragonite, along with calcite, are the two forms that calcium carbonate take when it precipitates out of the water as scale. It's just a different crystal form of calcium carbonate. I actually know a bit about this, having done research on calcium carbonate precipitation at the University of Miami School of Marine and Atmospheric Science back in the '70s. One of the things we were trying to determine is what effect different ionic species has on precipitation time and which crystalline form precipitated when different ionic species were present.

I can tell you that the claims made for this device are pure junk science and snake oil!

Hey, scouser,

Three experts here got so fired up they forgot to welcome you to the forum. :shock: :shock:

I'll take care of that detail.....Welcome.

There are some other (not too easy) ways to deal with scale but you'll get the straight scoop on this forum.

Post back with what you think caused the scale, how long you've had it, etc. and we'll get you headed down a good path.

I was recently told to look at the MPULSE3000 by a pool guy. They're very expensive and I questioned whether they were worth it. Sounds like I should pass on this!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.