【help】how to remove the stuck by ice melt at the bottom of the pool

May 28, 2011
Hi, we used the ice melt (CaCl2) to increase the hardness of the swimming pool. When I poured the bag of ice melt into the water, I poured too quick and then we found some white lumps at the bottom of the pool which is really hard and sticky on the vinyl. Could you please give any advise how we should do now and will it damage my pool? Thanks a lot

Have you tried brushing it with a wall brush? Calcium chloride should always be pre-dissolved in a bucket of water because two things can happen - it can clump together forming a very dense and hard cake that takes a long time to dissolve AND it heats up water as it hydrates and dissolves. While the temperature rise can be easily felt, I don't think it can actually melt a vinyl liner. It probably just caked up on the bottom of the pool liner and now you need to vigorously brush it to get it to dissolve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.