Wiring a Hayward Superpump VSP 115V to Hayward Omnilogic

ek1

Oct 27, 2015
New York
NOTE: I apologize in advance for a long post.

I am having a lot of "fun" trying to wire a Hayward Superpump VSP 115V to Hayward Omnilogic panel. Before purchasing the pump, I called Hayward and the representative assured me that the Omnilogic panel is fully compatible with the pump. He stated that all I have to do is:

1.) Disconnect the control interface that the panel comes with.
2.) Run a wire from the control interface header on the pump to a corresponding low speed bus header on the Omnilogic panel.

Simple enough, right?
I read the Omnilogic manual and it does not say anything about where/how to wire variable speed pump controls, other than saying "Refer to the VSP manual(s) for detailed wiring information"

After reading the pump manual at http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/super-pump-vs-115v-SP26115VSP.pdf, I ran an 18-gauge thermostat wire from the pump to the panel and wired 4 connectors as shown on page 15 of the pump manual. That did not work. Omnilogic panel did not detect the pump. Then I called Hayward and spoke to a person who told me that only "A" and "B" wires from the pump interface need to be wired to connectors #2 and #3 on the Low Speed Bus connector of the Omnilogic. I did that and it worked, but only partially. By that I mean the Omnilogic was able to see that a pump is connected and was able to detect it's speeds, etc. The problem now is that when I try to activate the pump via Omnilogic interface, it does not not actually start. The Omnilogic panel thinks the pump is working, but its not. Then I called Hayward again and now I am being told that the control panel that the pump came with (the one Hayward told me to remove) is actually required for the pump to work.

Can someone please help me here? I am just tired of being given conflicting information every time I call and I am afraid at some point someone who has no clue at Hayward will tell me to do something that will damage the panel or the pump.

All I really want to know is how EXACTLY to wire a Hayward Variable Speed Superpump to the Hayward Omnilogic panel.

Thank you in advance

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.