Crash course needed on cleaning a pool

Aug 6, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
Our pool was finally completed late last week and is filled! Yay! Now, the tough part. The pool company builders came out, did something with the filter over the weekend, and now the pool is ready to be used for the holidays (I know, sounds weird, right?). Here's the dilemma. The other day I noticed that there is a lot of debris in corners of the pool. I didn't look last night at the pool itself but did notice some equipment dropped off on the patio. So, how do I use the hoses/whatever to clean the debris out? The debris has settled to the bottom, so it's not something I can use the net to easily get, although there are a bunch of pvc shavings at the top as well. I've been trying to reach the pool builders, but they are not responding and may be on vacation already.

The builder says they will show me how the equipment works and what to do, but right now I have a pool and no knowledge of anything and I can't reach anybody. To be fair, with the pool just now being completed and Thanksgiving practically upon us they haven't had a chance to show me anything and it is likely they are just out of town and vacationing like anyone else. However, I need to know at least the minimum so we're not either staring at a pool we can't use or swimming in one with a bunch of sand and dirt at the bottom.

I couldn't find a manufacturer for the vacuum head, so I don't really know and it's written on my contract but that's at my house. Of course, I didn't look too closely at it since I had a few other things going on when I got home. As far as the valves, nothing is labeled. I have a hose, net, pole, and a couple of other small items but I didn't dig through everything.

As far as keeping it clean enough just to use, thanks for the suggestion as that will work long enough to use the pool until I can reach the builder. It'll take a little while to scoop up all the pvc shavings on the surface, but that may be the best option for now. I'm also guessing that the best choice to brush the sediment into the filter is to just jump in and brush it in with my hands.

Normally, the PB will tell you to scrub all surfaces daily for first 30 days, to scrub away any plaster dust. They will probably be scheduling a 'pool school' for you, with complete details how to vac and care for the pool. Shame on them for not giving you the details. Our PB gave us a listing of what to expect when, and pool school was scheduled to arrive day after pool was filled. Thanksgiving surely has thrown a 'turkey' into the works

Enjoy it will be great soon enough!

Thanks everyone. I was able to get in touch with the builder and basically at this point they are monitoring everything daily or every other day. As I was told, just relax and enjoy. We still haven't scheduled any sort of training, but that's because this weekend and next I will be out of town. The builder has been pretty good to work with so far, so I definitely think the timing of the holidays and then vacation that was scheduled almost a year ago has made things a little more difficult than they normally would be. And thank you for explaining why the brushing is a good thing. I was told it's good, but wasn't sure exactly why.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.