Cover Question

I know they make the inflatable bags to keep a cover off the waters surface but is that necessary? I got an Intex cover and it is resting on the surface. I am going to buy some clamps to help fight the 30+knots we get in our storms down here but do I need to worry about keeping it off the surface?

It can help in areas where there is significant snowfall to help keep the accumulation of snow from building up on the cover but in your area I'd say they are unnecessary. If anything, having it rest on the surface of the water might keep the winds from affecting it as much.

It can help in areas where there is significant snowfall to help keep the accumulation of snow from building up on the cover but in your area I'd say they are unnecessary. If anything, having it rest on the surface of the water might keep the winds from affecting it as much.

my thoughts as well on helping with the wind. Thank you for the answer, I couldn't really see any point in raising it off the surface other than causing more possibilities of it taking flight. Im going to finish shocking add some algaecide and keep it covered. Maybe add a little chlorine and run the pump every now and again. This has been a fun experience, hoping it all holds up next season.

I grew up in the Chicago area (some refer to it as the windy city), I can only say NW Ohio is TEN TIMES WINDIER. Last week this time we had 40mph winds, the week before that 35mph winds. Needless to say I've added numerous more gal jugs of water that I attached with a rope and threw over the side of the coping, onto the tarp (i had to double & triple up the jugs it was so windy). Otherwise it looked sort of like one of those kids air play-pens,, the tarp was up off the water about 20 feet... the Gales of November remembered.

twas the witch of November come stealin...

40 years ago... Still a remembered tragedy around here as well.

Yep, I have to say I love the words to that song, twenty-nine men lost everything - 'And all that remains is the faces and the names,
Of the wives and the sons and the daughters'

- - - Updated - - -

My pool cover held up well in 60 MPH winds last week. View attachment 44036

Looks good, I have the same thing, ropes, jugs, more ropes, more jugs - next year I am getting a loop-loc 'like' cover..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.