Owner Build Checklist

Nov 23, 2015
Henderson/NV
I am just beginning my first owner build pool and it will be the first pool that I have ever owned so I am quite green. I am really hoping that someone can provide me with a good checklist and timeline that can help to guide me through this process. I am particularly confused as to whether or not I need a construction or architect plan or both?

So far I have my computer design and basic measurements pinned down
Do I next pay for a construction plan or does the engineer handle that?
I'm told a construction plan can be given to sub contractors for bids
I also have an excavator and grader lined up... What's next, what's the order? Plumbing, rebar, electrical, shotcrete, then decking? And at what point do I need inspections?

It's a lot of questions, any help is appreciated!

Welcome to TFP

Upload a picture of your plan and your yard we like pictures.

Read some Owner builder threads -- here are a couple: New Owner/Builder Pool in Las Vegas

And the best Owner builder thread ever: Pool Build - California Dreaming - 3 Years Closer - Page 9

Theere are other Nevada threads that are good they are escaping me now.

Pool plans are generally simple drawings. Go to the building department they will look at your plans and make suggestions over the counter.

I believe Nevada requires and engineers stamp -- Try Pool Engineering in Anaheim. They are the largest firm in California and do Nevada too.

Read the threads I have above for order and talk to the building department re inspections. Your Subs will know what they need too.

Come back often ask questions and post pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.