Forgive me for forsaking the pool forum-But I have a problem

ptjackson

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2007
Ok, Here's the deal. Pool build last year. There was a leak we finally found "a leak" after several months and just letting the water run out. I still think there might be another leak or I'm paranoid. Last fall my leak detector still showed like 1/4 in a day in an 800 Gal pool. I quit showing up here because I was so tired of thinking about it. But now that we've gone through a winter it doesn't seem like there is one. I'm going to put the leak detector back in and see. We have some wet spots around the edges of the pool but I'm about convinced it's groundwater coming up to the path of least resistance. To give you some idea even after all the dirt from the dig we still had to bring in extra backfill dirt as backyard slopes downhill. All that to say, if the pool is not leaking I have the following issue.

1. There are places where the liner gathers or is wrinkled under some of the returns. I suspect that is because the pool was drained and the liner was removed 2 times to try and find the leak and it's just stretched. Is there anything I can or should expect the PB to do?

2. From the deep end to the shallow end the pool is unlevel about 1" give or take a little. Again is there anything at this point that can be/should be done. It's not earth shattering just a little annoying and makes one skimmer run dry quicker than the other.

I expect the PB is going to want his final payment once the leak is determined to be gone. I just want to know what if anything I should expect him to do.

Re: Forgive me for forsaking the pool forum

1" from one end to the other? I don't know squat about liner pools but that sounds huge to me. Didn't they use a laser level? My contractor used a laser level and my pool is almost perfectly level.

I would withhold payment until you are 100% satisfied. He is way less motivated to show up if he has all the money.

Good Luck

Re: Forgive me for forsaking the pool forum

Yeah they did and when I questioned them before they started to fill it they said they would shoot it again and guess I'm more accurate than a level ;-) I'm just so sick of fighting with them and as long as these issues won't present long term problems I guess I can deal with it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.