Waxahachie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The other nite our electricity went out. Now, during the Auto Feeze my spa empties into the pool, Then the spa fills back up every 30 or 40 minutes. Repeats all night. This hasn't happened since the last electrical outage we had. We had one a few days ago.
Any thoughts on what I should try tonite?

- - - Updated - - -

PS, Today I had to mess with that little switch behind the auto valves to make everything run correctly. I hate to bother my builder... he lost his wife recently. If there is something I can do on my own.

I would first try to power the controller down for a little while and see if that resets it. If it doesn't work, there's a Reset button on the easy touch panel. Press that and it should re-initialize the system.

Hope this helps:

Go into circuit settings and make sure spa freeze protection is off.
Freeze Protection
Freeze protection switches on a circuit if the outside air temperature sensor detects the temperature is getting
close to freezing (below 35° F). The system will switch on all circuits that have been assigned freeze
protection, and runs the circuits for 15 minutes to stop the pipes from freezing. This is especially important if
there is a pool and spa combination. If freeze protection is set to both the spa and pool circuits, the filter pump
switches on and the pool and spa valves alternate every 15 minutes to keep the water moving in both the pool
and spa. This process continues until the freeze condition is over.

MENU ▼ SETTINGS ▼ CIRCUIT Func. CIRCUIT/ Func.

Up/Down buttons: Choose the circuit name (displayed on the second line). The
generic circuits names are: Spa [Master Spa - Freeze protection on by default], Pool
[Master Pool - Freeze protection on by default], Aux 1-7 (EasyTouch 8), Aux 1-3
(EasyTouch 4), Feature 1-8 and Aux Extra. Aux Extra is only available if the Solar
output (J17) plug on the EasyTouch motherboard is not being used for solar
equipment. Use the Solar button to switch the “extra” auxiliary circuit on and off (see
page 4).
Right button: Move to the “Circuit Function” setting to select the circuit function for
the select circuit name displayed on the line above.
Up/Down buttons: Select the circuit function. This is the circuit that you wish to
assign the function logic to. For a complete list of preset circuit functions, see “Preset
Circuit Functions,” on page 34.
Right button: Move to Freeze Protection setting.
Up/Down buttons: Select Yes or No to assign freeze protection to this circuit. If
“Yes” is selected, the circuit will switch on if the air temperature drops to 35° F.
Note: for the POOL circuit the filter pump will have freeze protection. For the
SPA circuit the filter pump will run and the pool/spa valves will switch between
pool and spa at 15 minutes intervals throughout the freeze condition. For the
MASTER CLEANER circuit freeze protection is generally not needed for pool
cleaner pumps since they get water flow from the filter pump. Just make sure
that POOL has freeze protection.
Press the Menu button to save the settings and to return to the Settings menu
options. Press the button again to return to the main menu options or press again to
return to the main screen.

THANK YOU for this information! Having issues, so in case my PB doesn't get here before the next freeze, I'm doing this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.