Going with Dichlor

Apr 21, 2008
Ok,
So I am going to try dichlor/BBB method for the new Jacuzzi Spa.
It hold 570 gallons of water. After I use enough dichlor to get my cya to 30 ish? I can go to bleach correct.

How much dichlor should I shock with initially after start up and what FC range should I maintain?

It has an ozonator, what effect will this have on the FC?

Any help would be great, will take delivery tomorrow.

Mike

mikemedic said:
Ok,
So I am going to try dichlor/BBB method for the new Jacuzzi Spa.
It hold 570 gallons of water. After I use enough dichlor to get my cya to 30 ish? I can go to bleach correct.
Correct! That's about 4.5 oz Dichlor in 570 Gallons.

How much dichlor should I shock with initially after start up and what FC range should I maintain?
You can shock to 12 ppm FC. In 570 Gallons that's 1.5 oz or 3 TBS Dichlor to make it easy.

Maintain FC around 3-6 ppm, with a min of 1 ppm

It has an ozonator, what effect will this have on the FC?
That will raise your Chlorine Demand (CD) to around 50% from 25%. That means your tub will drop FC in half everyday without use. However, the ozonator will help FC oxidize waste, so your CD will not raise as much when the tub is in use.

Any help would be great, will take delivery tomorrow.
Check out my post at the top on how to use Chlorine. You should have no problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.