Pool Pal clorinator

I heard from one person who used this system a few years ago, or something that looked identical. They were very happy with it.

One important thing to keep in mind about systems like this one is that the amount of suction from the pump will vary rather dramatically from pool to pool. This system doesn't look like it has enough adjustability in it's feed rate to compensate for the entire range. People with low suction have had problems with the Liquidator, and I would expect the same with this system (though I don't really know for sure).

The approach it uses is the same as the DIY system mas985 developed for acid feed.

I talked to the guy who invented this a few years ago. I got more interested in the liquidator and haven't revisited this product since.

Basically, he drills 4 precise (but different size) holes in a stainless metal disc and you can select your feed rate by choosing the correct hole thru experimentaion. The simplicity is what attracted me to it but (without trying it) it would seem to me to have the following shortcomings

1. I question whether the metering system is precise enough. As jason said, a lot will depend on your particlar pump setup. I'm just not sure the 4 holes will give you what you need.

2. I experimented with some stainless needle valves and found the chlorine ate them up rather quickly. I'm not sure why the same thing wouldn't happen to this.

3. Is there a way to stop the thing from continuing to input chlorine into an IG pool. I don't remember but I think the only way you can stop it is to remove the hose. If so, then you must plug the hose to keep from unpriming the pump.

He may have already solved these problems but, at the time, it didn't seem very practical.

I would concur with what Jason said about the varying suction being a problem. Duraleigh is also correct that stainless will not hold up to bleach. The tubing they use is also the soft vinyl which won't hold up to UV or bleach very long.

To the poster that asked about the 2.5 and 5 gal jugs. Bleach is commonly sold in FL in 2.5 gallon jugs and 5 gallon jugs can be ordered online from US Plastics.

I wouldn't recommend the Liquimate or this device. Frankly, for the money you can watch ebay and pickup a used pump for close to that or pony up a bit more ($200) and buy a new cheap peristaltic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.