Keeping pool open but leaves out?

I live in central Louisiana. We typically have a few times of year below freezing mostly over night. I chose to keep pool open throughout winter; however, the leaves are getting the best of me. This morning the pool was crystal clear without a leaf in sight. I went to town and came back and there are tons in there. I just worked really hard to get this pool clear and clean. I know I cannot keep up with the leaves all winter. There are huge trees above the pool. We are leasing this home and I cannot justify the expense of a loop loc cover (the anchors are already in place). Here are my questions:
Will a regular tarp work to keep leaves out?
If yes, what is best way to secure it? Especially since I cannot remove the ladder or stair handles?
We do not have kids or pets that could get onto the tarp and our yard is fenced. I'm open to any and all ideas. Another important issue is that we get lots of rain. Thanks for taking the time to read this and offer ideas!

Assuming you have a very heavy duty leaf net leaf net. jpg.jpgthen that would be my suggestion. This time of year, the leaves are pretty drastic but it only lasts for roughly a month. On my large pool, I found it easier to skim them with the net rather than try to cover up the pool.....it just wasn't worth it.

Your slightly smaller pool might lend itself to a cover but, I promise you, they have hassles too and you might just be trading one headache for another.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/69139-Leaves

Tons of trees here too or I would keep mine open for sure. I use a tarp with bungee cords. Blow the top off with a blower, pump on top to drain the rainwater...I bought an automatic pump that comes on when the rain water gets 2" deep. Ugly as sin and I hate to cover it but I open to a clean leaf free pool !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.