Pentair ScreenLogic2 Interface Wireless

Feb 19, 2015
Cypress, TX
Does anyone have any experience with this equipment? I installed one this past spring when switching to the EasyTouch 8 automation system. It has worked flawlessly until this past weekend. I can't connect via apps on the iPad or iPhone, nor the desktop program. The system still works fine, running the last current set-up I had programmed, I just can't control remotely anymore. I get an ERROR message saying "address invalid".

I assume you checked your router to see if it is still listed in the device records? Is this WiFi or hard-wired connection to your network?

Dumb follow-on question (makes me sound like Microsoft tech support) - you rebooted everything again I presume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Yes I rebooted the router, and the wireless adapter/protocol adapter. The only thing I have done is disconnect the wireless antenna wire on the terminal at the EasyTouch. Not sure this would do anything as I did throw the breaker on the EasyTouch. Just strange as it worked fine Saturday night. I operated the hot tub and lights via iPhone. Then Sunday morning it won't connect.

Even dumberer question - Did you contact Pentair Tech support (1-800-831-7133)?

I know sometimes people write-off tech support as "oh, they'll never answer the phone" or "I'll be on the line for hours" but I have actually heard good things about Pentair's phone support. I called them once about something relatively minor with my SWG and they were totally happy to help me. It sounds like you're having a communications issue between the NPA and the EasyTouch panel. A quick glance of Pentair's chat support line and it looks like there's the potential for it to be either a bad antenna or a bad NPA. So Pentair will probably be able to diagnose it the quickest.

OK.

Yeah, I'm kind of a phone call guy when it comes to stuff like that. Unless they have a direct chat feature, I never trust the automated e-mail requests.

Good luck! Keep us all posted on what you find out.

Matt

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well from what Pentair Tech Support says (and you were right JoyfulNoise, they are very helpful) it's the protocol adapter itself. I did have all the latest updates on the firmware and software installed. I'm sending him just the adapter and he's sending me another.

I have to this for my 8-button EasyTouch RF remote - it has never gone out on me, not one single time in all the years I've had it. I know everyone loves the ScreenLogic interface and all, but the NPAs seem to me to be a real weak-link in the chain. Glad to hear Pentair is stepping up though, kuddos to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.