First swim of the year

iggy

Jan 24, 2008
The Cool Part of Arizona
Well after working hard cleaning the filter and the pool I finally jumped in today.
Water temp showed 75 degrees on the cheap floating thermometer.
Air temp was around 95 degrees here in Surprise Arizona.
My numbers have not changed much but all in the ball park.
FC 3
TC 3
TA 100
pH 7.6
Ca 250
CYA 80ish

The only thing left is to freshen the water up as it smells a little funny.
I want sweet smelling water. :lol:

Butterfly said:
Ouch, iggy! :shock: Are you a member of the Polar Bear Club? :poke:
75 is a little chilly for us!
What does your water smell like?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wave:

Actually I think it was a little warmer. The aqua-rite panel while running showed 85 degrees.
So lets say it was 80 degrees.
Anyway no it was not cold at all so I feel it may be up in the 80's.
Today's temp was 97
8)

75 is too cold for me too. My wife is a Jersey girl so she can handle 75 but not me. My Aqua Logic always shows 6 degrees warmer than the floating thermometer, maybe because the sensor is straped to the outside of the return pipe.

BTW, my first swim of the year was after watching the Rose Bowl Parade on TV :mrgreen:

(Pool heater is my friend)

coastal said:
(Pool heater is my friend)

Ditto...

Everyone 'round here thinks I'm nuts but I opened my pool last week. Yesterday I vacumed, and I got the heater working (All by myself :whoot: ). The temp has risen from 52 to 70. Supposed to be hot this weekend, I may take my first ever April swim. :mrgreen: It's already 81 outside now. :goodjob:

I will promptly ignore the gas bill when it arrives. :wink:

This was my first winter with a pool and thought I would have some fun and make it a point to 'swim' every month. My swim consisted of jumping off the waterfall, swimming across and jumping in the hot tub. My coldest month was 41 degrees.

Thanks to a recent heat wave the pool is now mid 70's and my kids have been swimming nearly everyday.

cobra46 said:
This was my first winter with a pool and thought I would have some fun and make it a point to 'swim' every month. My swim consisted of jumping off the waterfall, swimming across and jumping in the hot tub. My coldest month was 41 degrees.

Thanks to a recent heat wave the pool is now mid 70's and my kids have been swimming nearly everyday.

WHAT! 41 degrees?????????? NO WAY! :hammer:

I just put the cover back on mine. Water temp back down to 70ish.
Will have to wait for another warm spell here in the desert. 8)

cobra46 said:

[george costanza] the water was cold, it's shrinkage! [/george Costanza] :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.