Finally Got my test Kit in the mail

Sep 21, 2015
Phoenix, az
Well I finally got my TF-100 test kit and tested my pool. I am still working on how many gallons my pool holds.

Below are my results of the test.

PH = 7.8
Cl = 2
BR=4

FC=2.5
CC= 0

CH= 175ppm
TA= 100
CYA= 40

I have also included a pic.

Attachments

• 20151118_134942[1].jpg
    20151118_134942[1].jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 64
You add bleach/chlorine daily. I add mine in the evening after the sun is off the pool. I do this so the FC is able to do it's work without the sun taking any of it. The pump has to run for at least 30 mins to mix it in good.

I am going to post a few more links. I hope they help. If you have ANY questions PLEASE feel free to ask them. The links are just to guide you.

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Now I am going to post THE main reading you should do to make sure you know the whys and hows things are done/said here on TFP.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

This should keep you busy for a few minutes! LOL

Kim (I look forward to your next question)

attachment.php

I would be skeptical of that CH reading in Phoenix unless the pool is filled from a water softener. Did you run the CH test until the sample turned sky blue, or just changed from that reddish color to something more like indigo?

https://www.youtube.com/user/TF100TestKit/videos

attachment.php

I would be skeptical of that CH reading in Phoenix unless the pool is filled from a water softener. Did you run the CH test until the sample turned sky blue, or just changed from that reddish color to something more like indigo?

https://www.youtube.com/user/TF100TestKit/videos

Thanks for the youtube videos.

I tested it again this morning and my CH = 275 ppm.

And our house does have a water softener. But I am not sure if it is filled from it?

- - - Updated - - -

You add bleach/chlorine daily. I add mine in the evening after the sun is off the pool. I do this so the FC is able to do it's work without the sun taking any of it. The pump has to run for at least 30 mins to mix it in good.

I am going to post a few more links. I hope they help. If you have ANY questions PLEASE feel free to ask them. The links are just to guide you.

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Now I am going to post THE main reading you should do to make sure you know the whys and hows things are done/said here on TFP.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

This should keep you busy for a few minutes! LOL

Kim (I look forward to your next question)

Thanks kim.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to get the FC up ASAP. See: Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Will do. Thanks

Attachments

• 20151119_090621[1].jpg
    20151119_090621[1].jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 31
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.