Pump Housing Leaking Water, Warranty Claim and Advice Needed

Oct 8, 2015
Sarasota
Hi all!

So in my new to me home we were given the standard "home warranty" which I have never thought were worth much and have never used them until recently. I looked at the pool equipment a few days ago and noticed a leak coming from the bottom of the pump between the back flange and motor. Assuming it was a seal or something I decided this would be a good time to try and use the warranty to see how the process works. I didn't really want to take apart the pump b/c it is VERY corroded where it attaches, I feel like it will snap the bolts if I try.

Fast forward to today when the pool company showed up and looked at the pump. He said that it was too corroded to try and save the motor so he said he will get a new one for me which is great! I have a Whisperflo 1.5 hp pump/motor btw. I questioned him about the housing and "breaking something" trying to get the motor installed etc. but he said he had all the parts for it if that happens. He also said he would look at the entire impeller etc. and replace anything that was bad/failing etc. I just didn't know if I should push for the housing as well since it is fairly old (9 years I think) or should I be good to go for a long time after a repair like this. I'm thinking it was a great thing that I'm getting a new motor and whatever else on the inside of the pump (I'm assuming seals and stuff at a minimum right?) when all I was looking to fix was a little drip. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.