SWG pentair what water temperature do they stop working

alfred

Jul 10, 2015
discovery Bay, Ca
My pentair SWG says its low on salt and that it is not producing chlorine. I read someplace that if the water temperture is in the 60's that this unit does not function. We live in Discovery Bay, Ca. and its been cold. The water temperture is about 62 degrees. This is my first winter with a pool. So if this is true how do I winterize the pool for the rest of the winter?

Alfred,

The manual says the SWG will turn on the low temp light, and quit producing chlorine, when the water temp is about 52 degrees F. Once this happens, I just add a little bleach once or twice a week to maintain the FC level.

Jim R.

Depending on your remote, the EasyTouch system will say "COLD WATER CUTOFF" when you reach the temperature limit. It's typically in the MENU >> DIAGNOSTICS >> CHLORINATOR menu.

If you are also experiencing a LOW SALT fault, it could be because your salinity is a little in the low side and, when the temperature drops, so does the salinity because the cell readout electronics are not temperature compensated. You would need to check your salinity levels using an accurate test kit like the Taylor K-1766.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.