Suction Or Pressure Cleaner

I have a roughly 30X60 Ft Pool. I've attached images. It has a pressure port that is about midway between the ends on one side. This has a 1 1/2" cap as shown. The pipe coming out of the ground at the pad is only 1". This pipe is not hooked up. I think originally it was a pressure port that was running a pressure cleaner. When I bought the house it was disconnected and a Kreepy was hooked into the skimmer.

I would like to hook this line up to the suction side and run a suction cleaner, but I think the 1" line is too small. I think I'm left with reconnecting it to the pressure side and running a pressure cleaner? I could buy another kreepy and again try running the 60' length of the pool but am wondering if there is a better way.

Is this all correct.

Thanks kevin

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 73
Welcome to the forum. :wave:
but am wondering if there is a better way.
Get a robot and never look back. That is a pretty large pool and a robot would be my first choice by far.

Check your dimensions on that pool....it looks smaller than 30x60. How many gallons?

You're right. I dug out the plans which seem to be right except the skimmer is in the flat space, upper left corner above the light in the diagram. My measurements come close. I guess it is "average" 20X40. Plans say 34K gallons. The pressure port is right to the right of the Jacuzzi. I don't know what a robot is. I was thinking about a Polaris 360 before your post. I'd reconnect the pressure line at the pad to the return using a tee in the 2" return going to the jets. I could control the amount of pressure on the line to the cleaner by closing down the valves going to the Jacuzzi and or the pool.

4.jpg

Thanks Kevin

I agree with most of the above comments but keep in mind that operationally, a robotic has a bit more overhead. Most manufacture warranties require you to pull out the cleaner shortly after the cleaning cycle so you will probably be taking the cleaner out and putting it in fairly often. Supposedly, the cleaners do not last as long if you leave them in the water all the time.

This is from one of the manuals:

In order to maximize efficiency and receive long term service of your unit, we suggest the following:

• Thoroughly rinse entire unit after use.

• Clean filters thoroughly after each use—a clogged filter can decrease efficiency dramatically.

• Remove any twists in the cord after each use. Twisting should be minimal if the unit is functioning properly. Laying cord, straightened out in sunlight is helpful.

• Avoid allowing the unit to “cool down” in the water.

• Inspect belts and filter frequently. Replace when necessary.

With most pressure/suction side pool cleaners, you can leave it in the pool pretty much all the time and have it clean when the pump is on. The only time I pull out my cleaner is when we swim and so far the cleaner has lasted me 10 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.