Beach Entry Code?

Apr 20, 2009
We built our pool a year ago and I've never been happy with the beach entry. It seems much too steep at the flagstone portion. Another pool builder tells me there is a code regulating the entry and that it could be an inspection issue upon resale. Does anyone know how I would check on the code issue? This is in Texas. Thanks!

I don't live in Texas, but when I do have a question about codes in regards to anything, not just my pool, I call my City Hall. Tell whoever answers you have a question about code requirements for your pool and they should route you to the proper department.

I would tell them I am looking into building a pool with a beach entry, just incase yours does happen to be out of code.

Thanks for that code - that's what I was lookiing for. Here's the catch, I think. There is probably less than 1' drop over 7', but the first foot in (where the flagstone is) is very steep (too steep). After that initial piece it is fine. So it probably meets the "code", but just isn't necessarily safe or appealing.

I wouldn't say the code applies to exactly a 1' drop over 7'... my interpretation would be any slope that was 1:7 using any type of unit; meaning if that first part is much steeper, it's probably not allowed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.