Stenner run time?

If setting 10 is max then 4 hrs should put you right at 2.5 PPM assuming 8.25% bleach. I would check your tube connections make sure you are not sucking air and loosing prime. If you can see the liquid level in the supply bucket measure or mark the level to be sure it is drawing the aprox 65oz you expect in 4 hours. If it is then I would say you either have old bleach or something is consuming the bleach.

Ya i don't get it. When I was manually dosing. 48oz of bleach daily was all needed. I have run the stenner with the pump so about 4 hours and I'm not getting enough rise in FC but I can't figure out why. I disconnected the input to the pool return to verify the stemmer pump was actually getting it to the pool and it was. Im at a loss. I wonder if I undersized my stenner

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Before you go to changing tubes, let's figure out what's going on, because with a 4 hour run time on a dial setting of 10 you should be putting 64oz of bleach in the pool so you should be able to detect a rise in FC.

As said above, check to make sure that you're drawing bleach out of the tank and if so then something is consuming the bleach as you're injecting it.
Please list your current test results and which test kit you have?

pH
FC
CC
CYA

That's the ones we need right now, but it'd probably be a good idea to post them all.

I'll pull the numbers when I get home from work. Though,ig don't think I'm consuming more chlorine than would be normal because I have been manually dosing up until I got thr stenner installed and all,my numbers were good.

What's the best way to test and see of this pump is drawing correctly? I turned it on and disconnected thr input to my return pipe and I was getting a slow drip from the stenner tube. I'm thinking I'll first pull numbers on pool chemistry for you. Second I may disconnect stenner from pool return and have it flow into an empty bleach jug so I can precisely measure collection over 4 hours.

Before you go to changing tubes, let's figure out what's going on, because with a 4 hour run time on a dial setting of 10 you should be putting 64oz of bleach in the pool so you should be able to detect a rise in FC.

As said above, check to make sure that you're drawing bleach out of the tank and if so then something is consuming the bleach as you're injecting it.
Please list your current test results and which test kit you have?

pH
FC
CC
CYA

That's the ones we need right now, but it'd probably be a good idea to post them all.
Took readings tonight and setup for the stenner to feed into a bleach bottle. I'll report back on the collection numbers later tonight. Here are the pool numbers:

PH 7.8
TA 90
FC 2.6
CC 0.6
CYA 30

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I collected 52 oz in 3 hours and 15 min of running the stenner. So clearly that should be plenty. I dosed manually what was collected and will test FC in the morning. I'm now wondering if I have bad bleach or something. I have an above ground hot tub as well and looked at it tonight and it was super cloudy with no chlorine. Wife and I were in the tub last night and I added almost 4oz when we got out which is my standard use. With the pool and now the tub, I am definitely wondering about the bleach. Or they could be unrelated. Hmmm....

Any other thoughts?

The 52oz that I added from collecting what was output by the stenner raised the FC to 8ppm last night when I checked. This morning the pool is at 7ppm.

So the bleach is fine and not the problem. I'll run the stenner into the pool return again tonight and see if it works this time. If not there is some sort of problem with how it feeds into the return. Any ideas? I am not hopeful that it will work tonight since it hasn't the last several times..

check valve problem, installed backwards perhaps? Pictures would be good, I would take the check valve apart and inspect all the parts look for blockage, be sure the duckbill is not damaged or backwards, (not sure it can even be inserted backwards but just in case).

check valve problem, installed backwards perhaps? Pictures would be good, I would take the check valve apart and inspect all the parts look for blockage, be sure the duckbill is not damaged or backwards, (not sure it can even be inserted backwards but just in case).
This helped. Figured out the pool guy fed into the return that feeds the wheeping wall and I have had the valve closed. He said he would fix it later this week. In the meantime I'll open the wheeping wall line so it clears out the bleach. Will there be a problem with the bleach that has just been sitting there in those lines?

Other than your FC jumping way up I don't think the bleach will cause a problem. I would wet the wall well with a hose before turning it on and so the bleach does not stain or bleach out the stone and be sure to run it till you are sure it is flushed well.

Don't think high FC will be a problem, I have seen several threads where people with high CYA have to have levels above 30ppm for long periods to slam. When you get to far outside the level the CYA can bond to the remaining chlorine is unprotected and gets used up quickly. the levels should come down fairly quickly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.