Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Hello All!

This is my 2nd pool closing and I am not happy with the pump not removing all water from the pool cover. I have a little giant pump (attached is a picture), which it suppose to activate at 2 inch of water, but it looks like is activating above 2 inches of water. I would like to know if there is any way to adjust the water sensor/float. Attached is a picture of my pump and the water accumulated. Is not a lot, but enough to freeze into ice, which will add weight to my cover and preventing the pump from working when the water freezes. Any suggestions?

I have the same pump. It's hard for me to tell for sure but that actually looks like less than 2" in your picture. From a weight concern, I don't think it will cause a problem because when it freezes ice is the same weight as liquid water, although I believe ever so slightly less dense.

Never-the-less, I did have a similar issue where after a year of use, my pump wouldn't start up until the level was quite deep (about where the label is). I opened it up and discovered the float had water in it, causing it to be less buoyant, and not trigger the switch at lower water levels. The reason the float had water in it was I left it outside during periods of freeze. Turns out that pump isn't supposed to be used in freezing conditions and the thin plastic float cracked, allowing water to get inside. I was able to fix the float (they do sell replacements also) and the pump worked fine again, triggering at low water levels.

The float isn't adjustable but I'm sure if there's a will, there's a way.

I have the same pump too. I put a ping pong ball between the float and the cover to get it to trigger earlier. You need to smash the ping pong ball down but it still gives you enough buoyancy to push the float up in shallower water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very clever....I will try it. How they you attached the ping pong ball?

I have the same pump too. I put a ping pong ball between the float and the cover to get it to trigger earlier. You need to smash the ping pong ball down but it still gives you enough buoyancy to push the float up in shallower water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the reply.

I have the same pump. It's hard for me to tell for sure but that actually looks like less than 2" in your picture. From a weight concern, I don't think it will cause a problem because when it freezes ice is the same weight as liquid water, although I believe ever so slightly less dense.

Never-the-less, I did have a similar issue where after a year of use, my pump wouldn't start up until the level was quite deep (about where the label is). I opened it up and discovered the float had water in it, causing it to be less buoyant, and not trigger the switch at lower water levels. The reason the float had water in it was I left it outside during periods of freeze. Turns out that pump isn't supposed to be used in freezing conditions and the thin plastic float cracked, allowing water to get inside. I was able to fix the float (they do sell replacements also) and the pump worked fine again, triggering at low water levels.

The float isn't adjustable but I'm sure if there's a will, there's a way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.