Need Help Cooling Pool? Houston Texas

badcrc

Gold Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
humble texas
Guys-

Im putting in a 40,000 sq ft infinity pool, my bill of materials is just a heater 400,000BTU Im seriously worried about no cooler? The pool company is telling me 4k to add a cooler cause it needs a pump? The said combos heater/coolers don't work well. Is this true?

Any help would be appreciated.

40k surface area??? That is one giant pool!!! Not sure a cooler would be necessary for a pool that large. I'm building a 20k gallon pool in Mesa, AZ and not doing a cooler. My previous house had a 17k gal pool and I never needed a cooler, water never got above 88 even at the peak of summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can check with Aquacal it can be purchased as Heater/Chiller. My PB said we wouldn't need it. But we are going to add one. But it's another model. We told PB that we don't want bath water on a 98 degree day in Florida. There was a new pool owner on the site here in Florida and he said he wished he added one. Hope that helps but you can also google pool heater/chiller and many options out there.

Most all pools can be kept reasonably cool through aeration alone. You can google that subject on the forum and see several examples. Most of the aerators are DIY projects and virtually cost-free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.