Need Guidance on building swimming pool - 1st time

Nov 14, 2015
India
Hey Mates !

Need your suggestions & help on my 1st swimming pool. Before I start with the specifics, few points I would like to mention.

1. This pool is for a farmhouse which is on 45 minutes drive from my home (only my parents stay there)
2. The location is in India, I however stay in middle east & visit once every 3 months
3. The total area of the plot is about 15000 SQ FT and it is on the top of a mountain with a solid rock as base
4. The layout is as below -
a. The entry of the plot is huge garden with lots of plantation (planned)
b. The house is towards the end of plot, there is empty are after this where i plan to put the pool. After this is the end of cliff.

Few other points on usage & type -

1. The location perfect for a infinity pool/vanishing edge because of the edge of the cliff & open view from that spot.
2. This pool will not be used daily, only when i visit India & when my parents go there with their friends. This again may be once in 2 weeks or so. But they will visit for 3-4 days at a stretch.
3. Water is available, not in abundance but available.
4. Electricity might be a challenge at times given the remote location.
5. I don't want a pool to do laps. Need something where friends can enjoy, play some water sports, enjoy pool parties & sit in the pool (drink in hand) & enjoy the view.

I have not put a budget to this, however would like to cut expenses wherever possible. I WANT a budget pool. Generally the contractor here makes concrete pools. As this is very far from a Metro city, i am not sure whether i can get good pool experts here. The only option available is our contractor who is building the house & he can build concrete pool only.

Need your suggestion & inputs on the type of pool i should go for ? I need to know the alternate options that i have ( a spa or a big Jacuzzi in the open). What is the kind of maintenance i am looking at ?

Please fill in me with the different options available today.

Peace
Kartik

I agree with Kim.

Having an enjoyable swimming pool means the water must be constantly sanitized and kept free of algae and requires regular cleaning of leaves, dirt and other debris.
This almost always means daily attention by the owner, or hiring of a person to care for it regular basis.

Before getting into which type of pool to build or install, I would first suggest to study pool and water mainteance here on TFP, and read on this forum about keeping water in a swimming pool clean. Learn which types of sanitation systems and chemicals are necessary to keep pool water in good shape, and then make a determination if your particular situation lends itself to pool ownership.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.