Circulation for overflow pool

Nov 14, 2015
UAE
Hi Everyone,

I recently moved into a new house that has a perimeter overflow pool that is being maintained by a pool company. We have been having constant problems with water clarity and algae and the maintenance guy has told me it is because the pumps are only drawing water from the surge tank and that is causing problems with the water circulation so he has opened the valve from the main drain 50% and the valve from the surge tank 50% and said this will resolve the issue. The only problem is by doing this it greatly reduces the amount of water passing over the edge. I have spoken to a few people that have said that the main drain on an overflow pool is only used for emptying the pool and the valve should stay closed when under normal operation. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Algae only grows in a pool where the chlorine is inadequate. At some point, your folks must address the chemistry issues and then work on the mechanical issues.

Where is UAE?

I bet you could do a much better job of taking care of your pool than the pool company has. YOU have TFP to help you!

Share a picture of your pool and equipment and we might be able to help with the circulation.

BUT like Dave said---------the chemistry HAS to be taken care of first!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.