Jul 21, 2015
Mckinney
So the heat pump was turned on for the first time yesterday. It's getting colder of here and I was more just curious how long it would take to bring it up 5 or 10 degrees. I started with just the spa and it didn't take too long at all, warm/hot water was coming out of the Jets and everything was going great.

Then I switched it to the pool. Turned on the filter pump, pool heat, and heat pump on iaquacal and even after 30 min. The water seemed to be the same temperature coming out of the jets. Is there something that I'm missing?

Also depending on the outside temperature, it can take much longer than 24hrs. I would put a solar cover on the pool and just let it work. It won't be fast at all.

Also depending on the outside temperature, it can take much longer than 24hrs. I would put a solar cover on the pool and just let it work. It won't be fast at all.

+1

Without a bubble cover on the pool, you will simply lose all of the heat added to the water by the heat pump overnight. Depending on the relative humidity, evaporative heat loss dominates once the water temperature is a few degrees above the ambient air temperature. Without a cover, you can only expect a few degrees worth of heat rise during the day (3F to 5F) and then all of the heat will be lost overnight.

Where is McKinney?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.