Jandy PDA-PS4 to be installed - questions

jkmhb

Aug 12, 2015
Flower Mound, TX
We've signed a contract to do some remodeling work on our pool/spa, and plan to also upgrade the pump and add automation at the same time.

The pool contractor has suggested the Jandy PDA-PS4 and a Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump.

When we moved in, the pool had a brand new Pentair Mastertemp 400K heater. It also has an older DE 60Sq filter, and a Polaris 280 pool cleaner with booster pump.

My questions are:

1. Are these decent automation and variable speed pumps?
2. Can we easily add an integrated (to the automation system) SWG later? I was thinking Jandy PLC1400, but it is not clear from all the searches what is needed.
3. Would it be difficult to add iPhone/Android control for the automation later?

Thank you!

1. Jandy PS4 is what I have and while I don't like the old school automation with all the menus it works great. The pump is fine. You could probably get by with a 2 speed pump rather than a VS because your electric is so cheap. You might consider switching to a Polaris 360 cleaner without the booster pump then you clean and filter at the same time -- but the return on investment there like on the pump may not be good.

2. Yes you can add a swg later. Make sure you talk with the PB and be clear you want to be able to do this because you may need to upgrade to aPDA-PS8 with eight relays instead of just 4.

3. No Jandy makes an upgrade -- I would add it now -- Iaqualink -- its not that expensive and Jandy revamped it several years ago so its better than it was.

Zodiac

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.