Programming Hayward {Auxilary Keys], how to?

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to All,

We have a Hayward Pro Logic PL-PS-8. I have searched the manual, but cannot discern how to program the Auxiliary buttons to give them the name I want that will be displayed on the remote. On the panel, for example, it will state "Water Feature" and that will come-up as an icon when scrolling left to right. But then I keep scrolling, it will say Aux 1, Aux 2, Aux etc. But in order to know how to engage the SPA BLOWER, I have to know that Aux 2 controls it, and that Aux 4 controls the GAS FIRE-BOWLS. Since we have covers to protect copper pinged FB's, the AUX 4 has been hit on the remote, and guess what, a $195.00 lesson.

So, does anyone know how to program the soft remote keys on the remote display so when searching for the pools features, they will be displayed on the remote vs just Aux 1- Aux 6? If you have any questions, pls let me know?

Thank you very much,
tstex

hm, I don't have your model, but I have a AQL2-POD remote, and I was able to choose from a preset list of words for each of the 4 AUXs of my system. waterfall, water features, fountain, stuff like that. Do you know how to get into the "locked" configuration menu of your system?

Man Buckeye, you are music to the ears.

My remote has the same model # as yours on the back & top of remote, made by Goldline Controls.

No, I do not know how to get into the "locked" configuration menu. My only named Aux on the remote is "Water Feature" spelled "WTR FEATURE". I need two more names: "FIREBOWLS" for Aux 4 and "BLOWER" for Aux 2. This is what my remote states: POOL or SPA, FILTER, LIGHTS, HEATER 1, VALVE 3, VALVE 4, AUX 1, AUX 2, WTR FEATURE, AUX 4, AUX 5, AUX 6

I appreciate your help immensely - thanks, tstex

PS - my brother lives in Chandler/East Valley. You ever hiked South Mountain? I think you should be west of him...not too close, but considering the entire State of AZ, pretty close..really like the town of Jerome...OTW to Sedona - tstex

but you do have a menu called configuration, and it shows as locked, right? Just hold the left and right arrows (of either the remote or the panel) for 5 seconds and the menu will unlock. from there you can go through the options for pool/spa setup, light, chlorinator, etc, and you'll get to the AUXes. Enter the AUX menu and the first item (for me) was AUX name. I can't type in my own name, but there are at least some options.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.