Polaris Blower Motor Unseated

Aug 27, 2015
McKinney, TX
Good afternoon, gang!

I have a Polaris blower (pictured) in which the blower itself is coming unseated, or popping up out of place as soon as it is turned on. Being a relatively new pool owner, the is the first time I've worked on any of my equipment.

Is the blower supposed to remain seated merely with pressure, or is there supposed to be some sort of latch that keeps it from popping up? I'm not thinking that it's a clogged PVC pipe creating back pressure that forces it up, as I notice last week when my spa water was just at the level of the jets that it did, in fact work. This is leading me to believe that air is getting through, but that the increased pressure once the water level is raised is causing the unit to unseat itself.

Thoughts or ideas??

Thanks!
Bruce

image1.JPGimage2.jpgimage3.jpg

Mine has one screw in the PVC union in which one time the screw got loose and fell out causing the blower to pop off the PVC pipe. Just put the screw back in and tightened.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.