turning off pentair swg

Jul 27, 2015
Ceres Ca
This is my first year with my pool I have my pump to turn on from 7 to1 and my cleaner turns on from 10 from to 1 at this point what should I do since my generator is no longer producing chlorine due to the cold I've tried turning off the generator bit still turns on ...any help would be appreciated. ..thanks

well, we would really need to know the circuitry of how the sw system is powered up in order to be of a lot of help.

Why type of system is it? Pentair? Hayward? Jandy, etc. and is it controlled by a automation system or not or on a timer? or just simply tapped off the power for the pump?

If all else fails, and its a Pentair System, there is a power chord on the bottom of the Power Center. You could just unplug that. There is also a fuse on it and you could remove that.

The Hayward system has a off switch, located below the diagnostic button.

I dont know anythng about Jandy systems or any others, so I'm afraid I can't comment on those.

Ok.
I dont know if this will completely power it down or not, but on the Easy Touch, set the output to 0 % and see if that does it for you.

If not, then you should somehow just be able to turn the timer off if it's electronic, or if its a mechanical timer, turn the switch to off and remove the little cogs from the wheel so it doesnt trip the timer back on.

If neither of those does it, you will need to unplug the power chord from the bottom of Power Center, or remove the fuse. Removing the fuse is what I do. Its just easy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.