Is this plug ok ?

May 9, 2013
North East Ohio
So normally my PB winterized for me, but this year he has not been available, plus I would love to save the $$

Only question I really have left is the plugs for the skimmers, I seem to have 2 kinds...the big black rubber plugs, and then these. These look like they were used for the "return" lines, seems like I take off the eyeballs and then the screw in adapter and these plugs screw in nicely. Looks like the O-Ring is the only thing prevent water from getting in as the threads are not that deep, but I assume these were made for this purpose.

If I should buy some more of the black rubber plugs, just let me know!

I use those plugs for the skimmers and the black ones for the returns. Others may do it the opposite. I found that the o ring on the plug in the pic seats better on the flat bottom of the skimmer boxes.

Same experience as Samt. I would use the black rubber plugs all the way around if you can. Yes, there is no 100% guarantee with anything, but once you plug up the skimmer or return, it is apparent if there are air leaks. You could use the threaded kind for the skimmer as it is flush, but I like the Gizmo's as they expand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.