Cyanurics

nunk

Nov 5, 2015
Queensland, Australia
I came across this 1997 paper entitled Cyanurics - Benefactor or Bomb? by Kent Williams (attached)

I'm wondering if this paper has previously been critiqued by our experts and what might it's relevance be in the light of current knowledge on the subject?

Attachments

• Cyanurics - Benefactor or Bomb.pdf
    60.8 KB · Views: 13
Just the title should tell you all you need to know about the balance of science versus scare tactics and reading the article and examining the science plays that out. I despise throwing provocative terms such as "bomb" into articles intended on scientific evaluation, so much so that for me, it renders them immediately exposed as laden with bias because the author chose to use them.

Thank you all for pointing out the misleading nature of that paper. And thanks especially chem geek for directing me to the links.
I'm new to this forum. I don't have a pool but each of my neighbours have SWG outdoor pools and I have taken a bit of an interest in them, which is growing as I spend more time searching this site. I graduated M.Sc in Chemistry but that was over 50 years ago so it's taking me a bit of effort to refresh my memory banks and get to grips with current pool water chemistry principles. i have found the quality of the scientific discussions is generally excellent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.