Newbie Q - Extremely hard pool water at 42 gpg !

CYA although an acid doesn't really have any effect on your pH. You can buy it in either granular or liquid form. The liquid is usually much more expensive than granular. The only advantage it provides is that it shows up quicker in testing. The granular can take a week to completely dissolve and show in your testing.

Well, this liquid form "Natural Chemistry 07401 Instant Conditioner- 1 Gal" has a PH of 8.0, that is the opposite side of acid, right? Just wonder if this is the right product to use?

I heard bad stories about using granular form CYA - taking a long time to disolve, and may stain the pool surface, or clog the plumbing including the salt cells in the SWG. Any thought?

Thanks,
Julius

I've never used anything but the granular. Put it in an old sock or ladies nylon and put it in the skimmer. Give a squeeze once in a while. It's dissolved in a couple days, but doesn't show in tests for about 5-7 days. But I'm in no hurry, and I use Pool Math so I'm pretty sure exactly how much to put in. The label on it should say 100% CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.