Initial pool fill and close at the same time

tckgj

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2014
Grand Junction, CO
Our pool was not completed in time for swim season. So we are filling and closing it at the same time. I have read this link to closing an inground pool Pool School - Closing an In Ground Pool

but I wanted to see if anything changes since it will be closed before anyone has actually used it. Do I still SLAM it? Or will getting the FC up to a certain level hold? Do I need to raise the CYA up to a certain level before slamming even though it will be covered all winter? This step affects the FC needed according to the chart. Is there anything else you would do differently than the general closing instructions?

Thank you for all your help. With the help of this forum I have been using using the TF-100 kit for about 2 weeks now with my freestanding hot tub so I am finally getting comfortable with the testing and balancing of the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.