The leaves are out to get me

wjaneala

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2015
Cullman, AL
Ha. :D

So, we decided to forge ahead with simply keeping the pool open all winter this year. Not so bad, not using much bleach or anything, but holy crackers, the leaves! I feel like I spend half of my life using the leaf rake or sweeping the deck. Those evil things sink to the bottom before I can get them all. On the plus side, it's a good workout using the leaf rake on the deep end. :D

Here's hoping that a month from now they'll all have fallen! OH, and I can't believe the number of spiders as well. Huge spiders! :shark:

at my last house it was the pine needles...the standard 1 inchers...all over the pool and they sink fast.
I was vacumming those up from the floor every week on and off season.
Glad to be rid of them.

This time at the new place it's the wishbone shaped 4 inch "double needle" ones...I've emptied 3 garbage can size yard debris bins worth in the
last two weeks alone though we did have a few stormy days.

thankfully they don't sink...but dang if they don't load up quick in the skimmer basket.

sigh and it's a neighbors tree and the branches are way up there....

I can just see it now (next season) floating in the pool, sunny day, then one of those needles falls and pokes my eye! LOL

I hear ya Wendy. I'm in Montgomery btw! I have a gazillion oaks and pines on city right of way directly behind my house and most hang over my pool. First year we moved in I thought I'd leave the pool open like I did with a previous pool with no trees....OMG....worked me to death. I would never ever recommend a pool around trees...ever! Bought a leaf net so I could still see my water...that didn't work. Trash still fell through the little cracks. Last year finally covered with a tarp. Ugly as heck but I opened to a clean pool. Right now I have a solar cover on pool until it cools down enough to to put tarp on. What a mess on top! I so feel your pain!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.