New Pool Leander, ATX

jko

Aug 3, 2015
Austin / Texas
And the race is on! Building in Travisso, Leander after deciding not to deal with the City of Austin and impervious cover issues. Closing by 12/31 - will start pool immediately upon close. Excited about this new neighborhood as pools are going in as soon as owners close on new homes so we certainly won't be the first and only with a pool. We have 10 years' pool ownership experience and a full remodel(DIY other than plaster) under our belts - thank you to Troublefree for all the help during that experience! I posted late at night looking for help getting the pump started back up after fill and had multiple, immediate responses that helped us out.

We have a 450 sq ft outdoor covered patio that needs a kitchen so we are asking builders to include a separate kitchen quote if they are interested. We are lucky in that we have a close friend who is a custom home/pool builder in the Houston area so we have great advice between this forum and our friend.

Getting proposals from:
Jaida Custom Pools - recommended by trusted friend and pool professional
Cody- recommended by trusted friend and pool professional
Premier Pools - met at home show, liked the owner, they are building in the neighborhood
Advanced Aquatics - built several in the neighborhood already

Two other builders we considered dropped off the list when one sent me a lengthy survey monkey to complete instead of calling me to talk in person and the other has texted that he'll get in touch next week and doesn't seem all that interested.

So far - have met with one, have a meeting this coming weekend with another, one has been to the house and is preparing a proposal after a lengthy conversation and another has already presented a SPOT ON design after a short phone call! I'm very anxious to get pricing - I have no idea where we are on this. We can actually DIY the kitchen ourselves but I'm trying to get out of that line of work after 7 years of a DIY house & pool remodel.

Right now we know we want:

15 x 30 - ish - no spa
Chlorine
Pebble
water sheers wall on back of pool
Large Tanning ledge
4.5 foot depth all
lueders coping, wall caps, stair caps - Cool Deck(sp?) decking & patio - stone wall, stair risers, and BBQ
Connect patio to pool via wide steps
Heater - we hate cold water - below 84 degrees water temp is cold to us

We are not interested in a large amount of decking because of the large patio. We also don't want to waste pool real estate with stairs and features. We want a pretty basic pool! Give us a float and a frothy, fruity drink and we are happy. No landscape included - that's my domain!

We had a very bad experience with a cool deck-like product when we resurfaced the last pool deck and I'm very anxious about using a similar product again though I'm pretty sure I don't want to pay for a stone deck.

Keep you posted - if all goes well I'll have all proposals within a few weeks and can start comparing and picking the best.

Advice is always welcomed from the forum!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.