New Texas Pool

badcrc

Gold Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
humble texas
After fighting the worse HOA, neighbors, and the city and county of Houston we are starting our pool attached is the design for an infinity edge pool. The tanning shelf is 13.6 by 8. We decided to use this silver, black and white tile combo on the tile shelf and benches but not the SPA. Speaking of SPA we upgraded to the 16 jet system with platinum and choose creating a negative edge spa we used reflective tiles see below.

We are decking the small 8x14 area for a day bed the area across is for a pergola or pavilion. We are deciding that now. Pools max depth is 8 foot. We did put in quite a bench on the pool it should be nice when its done. The whole back side is infinity pool parameter is 135. IMG_3688.jpgIMG_3717.jpgIMG_3716.jpg

I'm in for this one.

You have to give us the details though on the HOA/City/Neighbors thing. I didn't think Humble was subject to City of Houston ordinances. My condolences....

I'm in Kingwood and just getting started on Stormwater engineering....

plat.

And so it begins. Digging started Friday commenced today and back again tomorrow to finish. Heres a shot of my fire pit I'm putting in.

This will be a good build infinity edge pool with tanning shelf and reflection zero edge spa. Lots of extras! Im putting a oversized Pergola in same time with a good sized travertine deck.

Attachments

• IMG_3745.jpg
    IMG_3745.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 751
Let the mud and fun begin!

Make sure you check the measurements after the dig. Add in about 8 inches for under the steel and over the steel. Check the ledge, benches, steps, etc to make sure they are the size you want in the end. Even if it is what is on the plans you might want to do some changes and NOW is the time to do so.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very nice design and love the choice of tile! I can see all those black, white, silver tiles....glistening in the sun. cool, understated. with a splash of red thrown in all over the place with towels, cushions, flowers!

Guys I'm really worried about my plaster choice we didn't upgrade. My pb is saying 3500 to 5500 to upgrade. I'm not sure if I should do it, but with the tiles choosen I'm thinking a dark bottom would look good exspecially with the travertine (silver).

I'm considering led lights in the troth as well

Welllllllllllll We (I) are known to help spend money so..........Yes a dark bottom would really set off those tiles!

BUT saying that............dark plaster is harder to get right. There have been some that showed molting pretty bad. There is one recent one (Indigo Blue is the poster's name) where it turned out great! It REALLY depends on the skill of the plaster crew AND the after care.

Lights in the troth would be awesome...........One idea that popped in to my head when I read that was rope lighting......not sure how that would work but I think it would look so neat!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.