Chemical storage

itried

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 12, 2014
Angleton, Tx
Where do yall store your chemicals at? Is it ok to store the chemicals inside a home, like in the utility room? I know bleach is safe, just wasn't sure about any others.

Sorry wrong forum, please move if need be

Muratic acid is the main "bad" one. It should be way away from the bleach/chlorine. I keep mine in a well vented plastic container outside. It should NOT be in or by metal as it can cause rusting.

bleach/chlorine-----no big deal where you keep it BUT be mindful of kids and pets. Don't want it spilled or played with.

All others no big deal.

I have my stuff out in a plastic pool box by the pool. The MA has it's own box. All the other stuff has one large box.

Kim

Dry chemicals can be stored most anywhere, just be sure to seal the containers up tight to keep them dry.

The one to worry a little about is muriatic acid. Bottles you purchase it in are designed to vent fumes so they don't build up in the container. But, that means you'll have some low level MA fumes in the area of the jug most of the time. This can be hard on anything metal in the area, increasing corrosion. Don't store near vehicles, bicycles, tools... etc in the garage. If storing indoors, do not store near furnaces, water heaters, washers, dryers or other household appliances. Again, it increases corrosion. It should be stored in a cool but well-ventilated area away from these types of items. Mine resides in a small pantry area in the utility room, but well away from the appliances in the room during the winter. In the summer it goes in the shaded plastic cabinet in my screen porch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.