Building our own pool!

Nov 1, 2015
qld
Hi there, we live on The Sunshine Coast in Australia and after receiving a few quotes way past our budget we have decided to build our own. I'm at the stage of slight panic after hearing many negative reactions from (professional pool builders) but have faith in my husband that he can do this.

It's going to be a 10 meter x 3,5 meter pool. 6 meters will be 2 meters deep the other 4 meters will be 1.20 m deep and seating. We are going to build this pool with besser blocks, then waterproof it, then finish it off with smooth pebble crete.

We have had the pool engineered and the building certifier is organised, so this weekend hired an excavator to dig the hole. As we are on a very steep slope going down hill and sideways we found that we had to dig 3 meters deep so the far end wall wouldn't come two meters out of the ground.

I'm now waiting on my husbands calculations for steel and besser blocks so I can get them ordered and delivered. Will keep posting as we make progress. We welcome advise! We also welcome positive and uplifting ideas and help.

Thanks, Betty

Attachments

• 20151031_134453.jpg
    20151031_134453.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 32
HI! Yeah your pic is upside down since you are on the other side of the world! LOL Not really but...........this happens sometimes. Sideways, up side down, too small, too big....It might take some playing around for you to find the set up that works. Until then we will just stand on our heads to look at your pics!

To share more pics you can use photobucket.

Kim