Vinyl Liner Stuck to Horizontal Metal Beams

poolee

Jul 27, 2014
ny/ny
I have an Intex Ultra Frame Pool 18x9x52 and we are taking it down for the winter. We drained the water and dried the pool up. Now we are having trouble with removing the horizontal metal beams from the liner. We were able to stick a broom pole on the short side (9 feet) from both ends and after a while were able to separate the beams from the liner and remove them. Now we have a problem with the long side as the broom pole is too short to reach the middle from either side.

If anyone knows of a way to do this please share it.

Thanks.

I just took mine down. I used my fingers at every leg hole opening while rotating the top rail a bit and just worked it loose from the outside where I couldn't reach. Didn't take too long. I did get frustrated, but calming down and staying at it worked for me..

I have an Intex Ultra Frame Pool 18x9x52 and we are taking it down for the winter. We drained the water and dried the pool up. Now we are having trouble with removing the horizontal metal beams from the liner. We were able to stick a broom pole on the short side (9 feet) from both ends and after a while were able to separate the beams from the liner and remove them. Now we have a problem with the long side as the broom pole is too short to reach the middle from either side.

If anyone knows of a way to do this please share it.

Thanks.

Easy! I just had the same problem. Get a wooden dowel about 3ft or so long. Stick it in next to the pipe, then with both hands on each side, press the wooden dowel in between the vinyl and post, they will separate easily!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.