Run times for pool cleaners

AV8TOR

Dec 6, 2008
Fort Worth TX
I have a Letro Legend pool cleaner that came with the pool when we bought the house las November. It has been on a run cycle of half of the filter run time. I was curious what run times do you have your cleaners on? I am thinking of taking it off automatic timer and just using it on demand because the pool floor is not getting much debris settling down to it.

Another question is do you remove the cleaner when you swim?

Thanks

I let mine run the entire time that the pump is running but I don't have the option of changing the run time for my cleaner independent of my pump as you do. It sounds like you could go to using it on demand since your pool stays pretty clean. Of course, it could be that your cleaner is doing just enough to keep things perfect for you. You will notice soon enough whether this is the case.

We swim with our cleaner connected and running usually, but only because I don't want to bother with disconnecting it so much. If we have a party or more than just a couple of folks in the water though, I will take it out.

Every pool is different so YMMV! I run my pressure side cleaner (Zodiac Mars) for 1-3 hours a day, depending on the time of year. My pool is small and in a screen room with a lot of trees outside the screen room so I don't get any leaves or big stuff but at certain times of the year I get a LOT of small stuff from the trees that falls through the screens. I don't bother to take it out unless I have a lot of people using the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.