Closed my in ground pool

Jul 1, 2012
North Atlanta
Hello

I recently bought a mesh safety cover on CL for a very good price. I put it on with bungee cords in the mean time Also I blew out the pipes for winter and sealed them up Drained the sand filter as well.

Lately we have been getting alot of rain The water level is getting up there and will continue to rise

Since my pump is closed for winter What do I do with the rain water?? I can not drain through pump now.

So what do I doo or what would you do

Next time I will probably leave pump on as I live in Atlanta area

OK Dumb question What if a I just ignored it Where does the rain water go will the pool overflow or is there some kind of drain in the skimmer

The water will fill up and slowly seep behind the steel walls into the soil, which is not a good thing. It is best to remove the water with a pump. Harbor Freight should sell a relatively inexpensive pump. Ask around, maybe one of your neighbors has a pump you can borrow. There are no dumb questions on this forum :)

Maybe you can find a hand siphon for a few dollars at your local Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, or Hardware Store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.