"Un Wrinkling a Vinyl liner

Unfortunately, the only real, good way to do it is to drain the pool. Some smaller ones can be removed by carefully working them out to the edge by hand. I have heard of suction cups being used with some success but, I think they could cause more problems than good.

You may be able to remove the wrinkles, it depends on how old the liner is and what caused the wrinkles in the first place. If the liner is old it may be brittle I would not attempt it until I was ready to replace the liner if it tears. With all the rain we have had these last couple of weekends the ground water level may be high and draining to fix the wrinkles could cause the liner to float and may actually make them worse. Can you post some pictures of the wrinkles?

Here is a thread dealing with wrinkle removal.

Can I fix a wrinkle in my inground liner myself?

It's a coin toss. There is no way to know in advance, if attempting to work the wrinkles out will be successful.

If you do attempt to work them out, then don't lower to water to less than 6 inches deep in the shallow end

Re: "Un Wrinkling a Vinyl liner

One thing for sure
Living this close to the coast, with all this rain I am NOT going to lower the water level, right now
She will float the pool for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW what are any special precautions I should take, to prevent chemically wrinkling the liner?

If they are tight, the underlying water that caused them has receded and you won't be able to budge them without a lot of work. The decision to deal with them is based on how old the liner is... My gut feeling is to live with them.

Have you ordered a good test kit yet?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.