Floc troubles

DT2760

Oct 31, 2015
Marrero, La
Just finished the floc process. It worked fine it appears, But I am having trouble vacuuming without stirring it up from the bottom. I have an above ground pool, and I am set up to vacuum to waste. Is there a truck to getting the vacuum primed for proper suction without stirring up the settled particles?

What's floc? We don't use stuff like that around here. Have no real need for it, except in very special cases of ground water getting into pool.

If I had to guess, you might be better to set up a whirlpool first, so all the stuff collects in the center of the pool. That way you have a better chance of getting it before it gets to drifting around.

Floc was used after shock/algicide. I think the way it works is that it causes the particles to clump together. It ends up that there are small clusters all over the bottom of the pool. The problem is that they are easily disturbed and once that happens you have to wait did them to settle again to vacuum.

Floc was used after shock/algicide. I think the way it works is that it causes the particles to clump together. It ends up that there are small clusters all over the bottom of the pool. The problem is that they are easily disturbed and once that happens you have to wait did them to settle again to vacuum.

Vacuum to waste and slide vacuum (back and forth) slowly so it barely moves. Fast movement could be causing the disturbance. Make sure there is sufficient suction to remove the clusters. Moving forward it is recommended the use of liquid bleach only.

You may have to repeat the process a few times until you remove everything off the floor. I believe there are residual side effects of FLOC and that is any dead matte (like algae) settles to the floor and is not picked up by the filter, etc. for a few days or weeks. This happened to a friend.

Since you said that it worked for you, I'd suggest you hook up the vacuum and get it primed and then shut off the pump with the vacuum still hooked up and in the water and wait until the stuff has settled again and then restart the pump and move the vacuum slowly, very slowly.

By the way, you are using a manual vacuum, aren't you. An automatic vacuum won't work very well for vacuuming floc off the floor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.